• fr
  • en


Plan de la vallée

Plan de la vallée

Nous contacter

Contacter l'Office de Tourisme


Vue du village de Ventavon

See the Ventavon website 

  • Altitude : 678m
  •  560 people

Hilltop Village

Among the orchards and sunflower fields Ventavon is a pretty fortified village built around the St Lawrence church (twelfth century) and the magnificent castle (private) of the fifteenth century.

Beautiful night lighting. 

Impressive panorama.

The Route Napoleon crosses the district, on the road D 1085, in the hamlet of Valenty (Passage of Napoleon : March 5, 1815). See the Route Napoleon Web site

Cadran solaire de Ventavon

A splendid Renaissance style portal provides access to the courtyard of the village square.

Note the sundial on the facade of City Hall.


Many sports activities available:

  • Riding : the equestrian center « Le Relais du Terrail »  offers trail riding, pony rides. 
     See the website "Relais du Terrail" Tel :
  • Canoeing :  canoeing along the Durance with RCKN - Tel :
    See the RCKN website
  • Climbing : climbing site of the Villard, details of the available ways at the tourist office.



Several artisans and craftsmen welcome you:

-M.Chevalier, cabinet-work 

- M.Brachet, sculpture (visits on request) -

Tel: - louis.brachet @ gmail.com

See the website

Accommodation - Catering in Ventavon

L'auberge du prieuré de Ventavon


  • Auberge du prieuré ((restaurant only) is open in the hilltop village, and offers an impressive panorama. 
    Tel :
  • Seasonal furnished lodging of tourism Johanna Gufler
    le Nouvelon
    05300 VENTAVON
    Tel :
    See the website
    Spacious countryside 3 * accommodation, with 4 bedrooms
  • Holiday & overnight-stay gîte Le Relais du Terrail
    Equestrian center -St Martin
    05300 Ventavon 
    Tel : 
    See the website Relais du Terrail
    4 bedrooms, large common room, summer kitchen available.

History of Ventavon

Some historical notes concerning the village ...

Around 1871, the remains of a Roman bronze statue discovered in Ventavon (acquired by the Louvre) suggest that this district already existed during the Roman Empire. The parish of Ventavon is known since the XII century as belonging to the patronage of St. Lawrence. There were two priories on the territory of Ventavon: that of St. Lawrence of Ventavon and that of St. Peter de Beaujeu established between October 1022 and 1023, given to the abbey of Cluny and which joined the Abbey of Ganagobie, Diocese of Sisteron. The tithes of Ventavon were shared between the two priories.

The Order of St. John of Jerusalem had in the fifteenth century some possessions in Ventavon; they were dependent on the Commandery of Gap. Since 1667, the Order had nothing left in Ventavon.